• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey Club......again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, Mike!! You're messing with my head, right?? Switching to percussion? I just converted to flint!!

Mike Brines said:
Very nice, Mike!! You're messing with my head, right?? Switching to percussion? I just converted to flint!!
Yes I know, I haven't been able to wrap my head around that one yet. :haha:
The original gun I'm copying was percussion. I was going to make it flint.....but since I have all these original parts I get these odd ideas. :doh:

Don't know, haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. :redface: I have been infatuated with a 45-70 sharps lately and can't seem to put it down. :doh:

Ahhh go ahead and make it percussion. :haha: It's not like you don't have any other flintlocks to shoot. Those original parts would be very cool. Would add alot of interest to the gun. Just my 2 cents worth. Rick.

The problem with a 45-70 is the nagging issue of what a 45-90 might do.... Leading to the 45-110.... :blah:

gizamo said:
The problem with a 45-70 is the nagging issue of what a 45-90 might do.... Leading to the 45-110.... :blah:
Got a 45-90 rolling block,,,that's where I'm headed next. :haha:

Mike,

Totally off topic... But I had a Quigley Sharpes in 45-90.... Traded it for a Boss Sharpes in 45-110 ///... one of the dumber trades....in a long list... :blah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I hope you get a turkey with that gun - would be a great achievement :thumbsup:

KHickam said:
Well, I hope you get a turkey with that gun - would be a great achievement :thumbsup:
I just hope I can find the time to go....time is money. Besides, I hatched out 14 turkeys in my incubator yesterday......ain't like I won't have turkey to eat. :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back