• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey mount

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron LaClair

In Rembrance
Reaction score
I've killed 7 Tom turkeys with my flintlock fowler but have never had one mounted. This years bird was the biggest bird I have taken so far so I'm going to get a full mount. Any one have a full mounted turkey?

Here's a mount of a roosting bird that I'm considering,

Turkey_Roosting.JPG

NWTF Longhunter said:
I've killed 7 Tom turkeys with my flintlock fowler but have never had one mounted. This years bird was the biggest bird I have taken so far so I'm going to get a full mount. Any one have a full mounted turkey?

Here's a mount of a roosting bird that I'm considering,

Turkey_Roosting.JPG

Hey buddy did you post your kill? I musta missed it.
I think a fanned out tom would be cool but impractical if you don't have room for a floor mount.
I do like the wall mount and would look good on a wall with wood T@G or somthing like it.
Nathan

Hey buddy did you post your kill? I musta missed it.
I think a fanned out tom would be cool but impractical if you don't have room for a floor mount.
I do like the wall mount and would look good on a wall with wood T@G or somthing like it.
Nathan

Yes, I posted it on the photo forum, probably should had put it on the hunting forum instead. Why do you think a fanned out tom would be impractical? http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/257253/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about every dog running through the house if mounted at floor level, a full fan wall mount in the corner of a room would cool.
Nice turkey by the way. :hatsoff:

Didn't think of the dogs :rotf: My cousin (practically my brother) has a real nice mount. I trapped a large bobcat one year and he begged me out of it to make a mount. He had it mounted like it was hunkered up, snarling, and about to take a swipe at the viewer. He then bagged a large turkey a couple of years later and had it mounted with the turkey flapping its wings about two foot above the ground, feet and spurs presented to the bobcat. The taxidermist made them look like they are fighting. I will try to get him to take a picture and email it to me so I may show it o here.

I mounted these gobblers for a taxidermist that hadn't done turkeys yet. I like the pose..about 3/4 strut with tail fanned and gobbling. Next would be a full strut and I also like just a regular pose, feathers flat with neck stretched out and head up real high.

Click on thumbnail for full view.

Greenmtnboy said:
I was thinking about every dog running through the house if mounted at floor level, a full fan wall mount in the corner of a room would cool.
Nice turkey by the way. :hatsoff:

My cats like to munch on my full mounted coyotes, their tails are now covered in aluminum foil, one more munching and the cats are food for the live coyotes who are looking for them in the back yard.

Turkeys hung from the ceiling look nice.

Damn cats :haha: I got a twenty lb monster who brings bunnies home. When we leave the house for more than a day I have to move all my turkey fans out of harms way, the little bastard will jump six feet to mess up my feathers.
I really like the full strut mount, very nice job!
:hatsoff:

:rotf: :rotf: Your cats got the same name as mine. Though I change its name often. Like this morning, when I saw him backing up to my generator, vibrating his tail.

We did not have room for a full body mount so we went with this one. It's up on the wall so the kittys can't get to them.

DSCN1228.jpg

rudyc

I spend a lot of time looking at pictures of whatever I want mounted before I make a decision.

The next decision is where is it going in the room, will it become the main focus point or just another memory.

I want the animal mounted life like, as it is in the woods. You see a lot of animals (not turkeys) mounted with an open mouth with teeth showing, animals do not go around all day with their teeth showing.

Placement in the house factors on several things, young kids, in the house pets, room size, ceiling height and placement of studs in the wall for hanging.

I always said if I had a turkey mounted, it would be hanging from the ceiling, flying. Just my wishes, won't happen though, my house is full.

Latest posts

Back