• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey Pics please...................

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
We are soon to have our Fall turkey gun season here in Indiana. I would like to see any pictures of "Blackpowder Turkeys" you may have to share. To me, blackpowder arms and the American Wild Turkey go together like ham and eggs. Show 'em if ya got 'em!!! :bow:

I haven't tagged any yet this fall but here's a few pics from spring and other fall hunts.

IWTom.jpg

photoshopgrin-Copy.jpg

DCP_0913-Copy-Copy.jpg

FallbirdA.jpg

Nice looking double and great looking birds. :thumbsup:

One bit of advice though...

Always wear the hat! :rotf: :rotf: :hatsoff:

The Doc is out now. :v

Ah yes Fossil Hunter.....just what I was hoping to see in this thread! I remember these pics and thank you for posting them here. What state did these come from? Merriams, right?

Fred & Wilma, our Naragansetts.

HPIM0601.jpg

If you have very good eyes you may spot the tiny Araucana (chicken) chick she hatched from an egg that a free-range hen put near her two years ago. Turned out to be a rooster . . . and then soup.

When I need a turkey dinner it is hatchet work and not blackpowder, I'm afraid. And they come to me. :haha: (Actually, the birdseed wreath we hung from the porch railing).

HPIM0416.jpg

A coyote nailed Wilma this Spring but we successfully incubated three of five eggs she left us . . . so likely two for the freezer.

Or not.

I kind of like a few turkeys around. Reminds me of work. :wink:

Stumpkiller said:
Fred & Wilma, our Naragansetts.

HPIM0601.jpg

If you have very good eyes you may spot the tiny Araucana (chicken) chick she hatched from an egg that a free-range hen put near her two years ago. Turned out to be a rooster . . . and then soup.

When I need a turkey dinner it is hatchet work and not blackpowder, I'm afraid. And they come to me. :haha: (Actually, the birdseed wreath we hung from the porch railing).

HPIM0416.jpg

A coyote nailed Wilma this Spring but we successfully incubated three of five eggs she left us . . . so likely two for the freezer.

Or not.

I kind of like a few turkeys around. Reminds me of work. :wink:

Thats pretty cool to see Naragansetts up there Stumpy. Theres a farm just down the road the Casey Farm that goes back to the 1700's and they sell everyone they grow every year here, they are highly wanted here for Thanksgiving.
http://www2.turnto10.com/jar/news/local/article/craving_a_narragansett_the_bird_not_the_beer/6820/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back