• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been working in this for a while and figured my "Blackpowder Brothers" may enjoy a peek in celebration of the warm days of April!

WessV_2015_5_zps29fe4575.jpg

It will be here before we know it and I cant wait. GOBBBBBBBBLE!!!!!

Wess

Great stuff as usual...hoping to get another longbeard this April with my 28ga like the settlers did !!

:thumbsup:

I can't wait either! After a cold wet deer season the thought of spring mornings, new foliage, warm temps and gobblers sounding off at dawn is more than a little enticing. Will be my first turkey season carrying a frontstuffer too, am counting the days.. :grin:

That's really nice. You guys are just getting yourself riled up to early :rotf: but it doesn't hurt to dream. :hmm: Dan.

Great picture and thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear that first gobble ring out!

Thanks guys. It seems as I get older I long for the warm days of spring all-the-more!

As far as a name goes, most likely I will call it
"The SMACKDOWN!".

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Wess

I wish we could have turkeys where I own land, but the coyotes and hogs will not let them nest here.

Enjoy.

Brokennock said:
Very nice. What medium are you working with?

FF blackpowder and a double barrel caplock. :)

Charcoal pencils for the pic which is why it takes so long since you cant run your hand over it until finished/sealed.

I hope to finish the may-apples in the foreground tonight!

:hatsoff:
Wess

Added some May Apples:

WessV_2015_MayApples_zps47fcfe3e.jpg

Should have it done in a few more hours. The wife won't be home this weekend, so I'll get my turkey calls out and make some racket to get fired-up to finish this! :)

Wess

Well, I finished up and sure wish everyone a safe and VERY PRODUCTIVE turkey season. Can't wait to see some kill pics and hear the stories.

WessV_Hotmail_TheSmackdown_zps753d06bf.jpg

GOBBBBBBBLE!! GOBBBBBLE!!!!!!
Wess

I'm going to be set up to try and video a take down (if I'm lucky enough to even get a shot).
But my instincts are telling me that doing it all by myself so I have to have the equipment inside the dry blind with me, means the muzzle blast / smoke is probably going to obscure the video's footage for that very moment...but I'm going to try and see, nothing ventured/nothing gained

Very nice Art.

There are a lot of turkeys together right now along the river near us and they are out feeding every afternoon where the sheep and cattle are fed. About fifty this afternoon in one flock and another twenty or so down river about a mile. The winter has been cold but not a lot of snow so far and they seem to be doing very well. Your artwork has got me thinking about patterning a flintlock 20 bore I got last fall to see how it does at 25 yards.

Back