• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1st Dragoon - defective

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1911

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday I just got my Uberti 1st Model Dragoon from DGW. I did the usual "tap the wedge a little" but the hammer wouldn't go into half cock. Hmmm, try it again.....nothing. OK, so I pushed the wedge all the way out, still nothing. When I turned the cylinder by hand, the hammer did function o.k.

I called Uberti tech. people and I told the tech. etc., etc. She says hold on, a couple of minutes later she said it's defective and to return it to where I bought it. :(

So I called DWG they said no problem we'll either fix it or replace it and refund my return shipping fee. :)

So now the wait begins.

It might take a couple days but rest assured Dixie is first rate. I bought a kentucky pistol flint kit that had the lock from hell, decided I didn't want to mess with it asked for an exchange all done in a week!

I don't buy much from Dixie (they're too dang high!), but their customer service generally gets very good marks.

Back