• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ugly Hammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think that he was basically a good bloke, who ran afoul of the wrong people.
The police of the day were not recruited from the best and often bent the law in their own favour.
Example, Constable FitzPatrick, on whose evidence much of the Crown case depended was, after Ned was safely convicted and hung, dismissed from the Police as “. . . a coward, a blackguard and a liar, and not fit to wear the Queen’s uniform.”
My view is the Kelly brothers resisted an unfair system & the system crushed them.

Thanks for the link.
Looks like I have what that document calls "small" Italian factory. Two sets came with the gun & they look to be identical size.

The Remington #10's do seem to sit nicely on my current nipples, but unless I push down hard, only half of them go off on the first strike.
I'm not pinching them or pushing so hard they split, so maybe what I consider pushing hard is just the correct amount of force?

CCI #11's sit so loose they fall off.
I've ordered a set of Treso nipples to try with the CCI #11 caps - can't find anyone selling SlixShot in Australia.

The dent bugs me now, but I didn't even notice it for the first 3 months I had the gun despite disassembling & re-assembling it half a dozen times.
I'm going to be conservative and lightly run a high grit stone over the hammer face each time I have it apart after shooting.
My plan being that if I do open up too much a gap, I'll only have to remove a tiny amount from the frame to correct for it.
You might try chucking a nipple into a portable drill or drill press and hitting it with a file until the Remington caps fit the cone. The Treso cones are very good…

Back