• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ugly One!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus13

45 Cal.
Reaction score
In the Sibleys New book, there is a pic of a horn, which I believe is one of His - not an original. But when I first saw it, I thought "That is an Ugly lookin' horn!" but for some reason I kept going back to it! so I decided I had to try it! :grin:
then the power went out, I broke my 1/4" drill bit, and ran out of steel wool... :shocked2:
but anyway here it is waiting on the aging to dry. integral carved bands flat pine plug.
100_0230.jpg

As always comments critiques and questions are welcome

I think the horn it's self is fine the only thing I would change is to me the spout looks to large, maybe taper the end of it down and it would be more in perportion with the rest of the horn . I like the curve and bands on it. Duane

My thoughts exactly Duane! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thats why its Ugly! :grin: but its pretty close to how it looks in the Sibley book with the exception of the color :hatsoff:
Thanks for the comment though, at least I know I'm not alone on it!

:rotf: :rotf: :bull: :rotf: :rotf:
the thing about this'n is that it just grows on ya! I'm not even joking! it has a way of imbedding itself into your brain! kinda like them club butt fowlers, ugly as sin, but after a while you see the "redeeming" qualities of them and suddenly it hits you like a punch to the face, it looks good! (not this particular piece but the one its based off!) but thanks for the vote of confidence nonetheless! :haha:

WOW! :shocked2: Is it just me, or does that tree look small?

Just think, there is another horn just like that one out there some were. And a bull it come off of. :grin:

hehe Gus...
I was gonna make a comment about "ugly" club butt fowlers, but ya beat me to it...LOL. The "ugly" ones sometimes do grow on ya... I bought a nice lookin' club butt, just took awhile looking at the pictures at evry angle. Kind of like owning an ugly dog, they grow on ya too.

wgr

I Own one of those too! (an ugly dog, not an ugly fowler!)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See Gus,

look at the post by Chance, I'm not the only one that thinks its not that ugly, I just like the panel horn better.

:wink:

Looks pretty good to me, I imagine a lot of horns and such were "working" tools and didn't get a lot of fine embellishment. And then as now the finer the scratchings the more it cost!

Latest posts

Back