• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

UK Park Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bit of kit! Presumably there should be Proof Marks on the rifle showing its "gauge" --- I would suspect that it is about 52bore -- - about right for the lighter deer in most private parks. For STAG a much larger bore is necesary --- I have a 24bore (.577" approx) Adams revolving rifle... the largest one that I did have was a 16-bore --- I never did fire it as I couldn't face the cleaning ;-)))

Taking another ,better look at the Gascoine photos,that is definately a Very nice,Top quality rifle(they don't come any Better) with as you point out Fine checkering. British stockers from late1700's to date seem to favour 20/" or smaller.Checked all mine and all but one are 20/22/". The odd one is a transitional BLC Sporting/Match .451 which has a Basket work pattern on wrist and fore end with Ratchet 5 groove 34" tube.1:18" rifling by Cooper&Goodman of Birmingham,1861..Still can't pursuade W10 to send Photo's. W7 was GOOD.

Attachments

• Full page photo.pdf
    37.7 KB
English pistols are hardly ugly & revolvers where not made for pretty . Just use & they don't seem ugly to me . Standing up for such guns.
Rudyard
Kia Ora Maurice, can't disagree with you . I reckon I wouldn't want to be looking at the buissness end of that sea service 😬

Attachments

• 20240917_104750.jpg
    20240917_104750.jpg
    3.5 MB
  • 20240809_131932.jpg
    20240809_131932.jpg
    1.1 MB
I used to have a 20b almost identicle by Parkhouse of Taunton. The sort that would have been used on Exe/Dartmoor for Reds. Used to win some medals at 100yds.Wish I'd never sold it,but then it did take me to a World Champs.. Love to find it again. OLD DOG..
Dear Old Dog It might turn up, we all sell goodies at times & mostly I've regretted all I sold but I remember them all I used hunting or had for range or just as examples . Generally fought shy of ' minty' ones preferring dog eared' old friends' I used .
Regards Rudyard & Felt Wad for showing such nice guns

Nice bit of kit! Presumably there should be Proof Marks on the rifle showing its "gauge" --- I would suspect that it is about 52bore -- - about right for the lighter deer in most private parks. For STAG a much larger bore is necesary --- I have a 24bore (.577" approx) Adams revolving rifle... the largest one that I did have was a 16-bore --- I never did fire it as I couldn't face the cleaning ;-)))
Dear Jim your no' Pilgrim ' I have bowled a few Red Stags with my 50 cal flint if others fell to my 24 bore belted ball rifle .Not that UK even consider any Black powder rifle as fit for deer. The Damned ' Beer Talkers' are locked into a Foot Pounds MV 243 / 270 mindset. All' Cock'. I dropped Mule Deer with a 22rf all I carried as was only out for pot hunting but down they went .These snobs don't even consider the.'600 nitro suitable ( Dosn't make the MV tests ! ) . OK for Elephant though not that I've tried it . Good to hear from You .
Regards Rudyard

Back