• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unbelievable Fowler & Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye1755

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Never heard of J.W.Huddleston before.But look at his work.Here are some pics and the link for his website.

Link

fowler1.jpg

fowler2.jpg

02pistol-lock.jpg

06rs-full-1-web.jpg

06rs-ful30deg-web.jpg

english-pistol-top.jpg

:hatsoff:

Uuups, :redface: , how small the world can be. :grin:
Claude and Jerry, i swear, i didn't know.

:v

He's probably been busy engraving and carving those two guns.

I wonder if anyone will ever shoot them? They are beautiful.

Many Klatch

Many Klatch said:
He's probably been busy engraving and carving those two guns.

I wonder if anyone will ever shoot them? They are beautiful.

Many Klatch

Indeed! Fit for the Grand Duke, I'd say. :bow:
Cruzatte

Many Klatch said:
I wonder if anyone will ever shoot them?
Many Klatch
Well he can send them to me and I will make sure that they get properly used.

Vary nice work indeed. :hatsoff:

Jerry will be at the Reno gunshow next month showing his work with a the worlds greatest builders/artists of both traditional and modern firearms. He is a national treasure!

Those are some of his plain jane pieces. :winking: You need to go to his site, and look at the rifle called Vigilant, it's the last one on his site. Now that's high art. Jerry has to be one of the top two or three artisans out there if not the top artist for this type of work.
Bill

And it sounds like he's having so much fun engraving he's thinking of not building any more - just doing engraving. Enjoy while you can.

"National Treasure" fits, I think. :thumbsup:

Look at the frizzen on the pistol its looks like its been shot a few times.

That to me make him a treasure. Beauty that works.
Every rifle I own will be shot no matter how purdy. :hmm:

They are truly amazing :bow: , but IMHO I must say they are a little too much for me. I would be proud to have any of those elements on one of my guns, but not all on one. Perhaps I was just not raised with too many jewels around.

howdydoit said:
Look at the frizzen on the pistol its looks like its been shot a few times.

Most likely marks were made to make sure that the lock fires properly.

sorry I just cant see having something as beautiful as a firearm (specialy a flinter) that is not use on the range or in the field.

the thing was made to shoot. sOOOO It should be shot. NO WALL OR SAFE QUEENS ALLOWED I SAY. :nono:

Wow! Unbelievable craftsmanship. The wire work on that pistol is amazing. Jerry, step on out and take your well deserved bow!

Back