• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

underhammer at TOTW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff mccann

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Fellow underhammer fans,Track of the Wolf has a very fine underhammer rifle for sale under percussion rifles,page 3 on their website.Someone already has dibs on it.You ought to take a look!There is no maker's mark on it.Does anyone know who made this rifle?

36, that rifle is a beauty! I have a new underhammer (on a Deer Ck.action)that I'm happy with,otherwise I'd be begging you to build me a similar one. From the photos I'm guessing the receiver has an integral breech,meaning no separate breech plug like mine has.I'm thinking an integral breech would be a vast improvement over the conventional UH arrangement.Are you going to build any actions to sell?

That is a fine chunk of work youv done, and a Redfield, you sure didnt cut any cost corners, Great Work. Went back and scrolled all the pics, that is one of the best uhs, no ,its the best uh Ive evr seen, Its REALLY great work :bow: fred :hatsoff:

thank you all for the complements! i dont plan on building any actions but it was not to hard to do, and yes the breach is also threaded. i have had deer creek underhammers, and you would be surprised how much more solid the gun feels being threaded! :thumbsup:

The forearm really looks neat I really like those double pewter pours on UH's the forearm on the TOW looks similar to the one old Metalshaper did,,back in 2003 and I thought his looked pretty neat as well I will probably have to do one like it myself on the next one I build as soon as i get this Hilliard/Billinghurst buggy rifle done I am presently working on

Back