• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer Rifles?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MSW said:
Nope. SgtSchutzen messed up.

I sure as heck did :cursing:. Some lucky cuss got that rifle for $100. I had a feeling I should have jumped on it when I first saw it. Just didn`t have much cash on me at the time. Also was trying to convince myself I didn`t "need" it cause target type rifles ain`t really my thing. Good deals are always a smart move though. I missed on that one but I really didn`t NEED it anyway :haha: :)

:haha: I won`t argue with ya about that Hawkeye :haha: But it does make me feel better about it :) :grin:

Here are the add ons to the flash guard and accessories for removal.
P1010180.jpg

P1010182.jpg

P1010183.jpg

These were a pain in the keester to make but well worth the effort. I would advise a long thread nipple to take advantage of the full barrel wall although I don't have one on mine.
I have good tight threads on both and a hardened hotshot nipple so I don't anticipate any trouble with a blow out.
I feel that if the thread purchase is as tall as the cross section of the nipple and the threads on both are good, you are on safe ground.But that is just my rule of thumb not a recommendation.MD

I guess I just don't know how to shoot my underhammers properly?? :wink: Made a few of them now, and I've never experienced a burned arm?? or recall getting splatted by cap debris? :idunno:
here is my set trigger UH
PA310403.jpg

Heck, maybe I need to get out and shoot more!! :)

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

That is a good thing cause if it ever happens to you it won't soon be forgotten! It will burn the manure out of your wrist!
I got burned because in off hand shooting I'd draw my support arm back against the old, small flash protector and rest my distended elbow against my rib cage for best stability,if you hold out mid or farther forearm, than your wrist is clear and out of the way.
Nice looking rifle, I've not seen an underhammer with set triggers before. MD

I never burned myself with the one I had either. Neither did my wife. Why did I ever sell it?!

Did you make the one in the pic? It is a very nice looking underhammer!

I bought one of those H n a underhammers about ten years back I paid 125 bucks at a antique store.It was fairly old at the time but had been used very little,never took it out to the range for a long time. Finaly set up some targets at about fifty yards,first shot not a bad shotin the bullseye area but not on center. On the next shotI missed the target completely or so I thought. I took a closer look and found second shot went in first hole kinda figure eight lookin.I took that gun right up to my truck and put her in the needs to be cleaned stack as I had a couple more to play with that day.

That is one fine underhammer. :thumbsup: I have that same action with a .36 Rice barrel, accurate as hell,(local squirrels hate it)but it aint nowhere near that pretty. Nice job on a nice rifle. :bow:

Back