• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unit 9 Late Muzzleloader deer tag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Checked G&F portal this morning and I drew a "trophy" tag for unit 9 up by Grand Canyon. This is supposed to be in the rut however 2 years ago I had this tag and no bucks in herds yet so we will see. I have killed a 27 1/2" mule deer in the unit many years ago and they get much bigger. Bummer I'm a meat hunter as IF a guy had time to scout and took the whole 7 days it would be pretty doable to tag a 30"+ deer. Maybe, we will see. Water will be the key this year as we are in HORRIBLE drought here. Only 25 tags so I wont be too crowded if I can find a water hole thats not dusty

GOOD year as I also have a muzzleloader cow elk tag a bit closer to home. If I get the cow it will be easier to let the spikes n forked horns go :youcrazy:

Back