• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifleman's knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleener

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I got tired of looking at Tallpine rifleman's knifes and missing out when he posted one for sale.

So, I contacted him and had him make one for me.

The piece of wood I sent him is walnut.

I don't have the knife in hand yet but am waiting for it to arrive.

Tallpine has been great to work with and as you can see, it is a handsome looking knife.

Cant wait to use it.

Fleener

Attachments

• IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5277.jpg
    132.4 KB
  • IMG_5279.jpg
    IMG_5279.jpg
    115.2 KB
  • IMG_5278.jpg
    IMG_5278.jpg
    133.3 KB
I got tired of looking at Tallpine rifleman's knifes and missing out when he posted one for sale.

Tallpine has been great to work with and as you can see, it is a handsome looking knife.

Cant wait to use it.

Fleener

Great looking knife,

Thanks, I have a thing for knifes as well and even dabble in making one every once and a while. Can't resist one that catches my eye.

Bad thing is that it is to be delivered tomorrow, and I will likely be gone for before it gets here, and I am gone for a week.

Fleener

Thanks, I have a thing for knifes as well and even dabble in making one every once and a while. Can't resist one that catches my eye.

Bad thing is that it is to be delivered tomorrow, and I will likely be gone for before it gets here, and I am gone for a week.

Fleener
I don't like that when it happens to me. Tell ya what Art, send it over to me & I'll keep it good and safe for your return.

Cant wait to use it.

Fleener
That's really is a nice looking knife. That's family heirloom quality.

I am not sure what the point or purpose of a riflemans knife is. Backi in the day I might carry one, or two knives. One fo heavy work, such as building afire. Yet another more delicate one for preparing game and vegetables for the pot.
Yet in my kitchen I have a carbon steel French knife with a ten inch blade. I have had it for more than 40 years and use it do almost everything that gets cut in the kitchen. I can do delicate work with it or break down a side of beef. I can carve a roast chicken for the table in less than two minutes.

Anyway what is, and what is the point of, a riflemans knife?

Latest posts

Back