• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unknown (to me) parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_20240919_113801912_HDR.jpg

Earlier today I bought a box of gun parts. These were included and I don't know what they are. There were muzzleloader parts and some breechloader parts mixed together, and I tried to call out the unmentionables, leaving ones I was unsure about. So, these may not be m.l. parts. Can anyone identify them? Thanks.

The two oval shapes in the center of the top pic are top jaws of a flintlock hammer, one is complete with hole drilled, the other unfinished. Nothing else in that picture seems muzzleloader related. The second picture has a couple of firing pins and several barrel band springs for unmentionable military rifles; again nothing muzzle loader related. Just my .02, YMMV.

The two oval shapes in the center of the top pic are top jaws of a flintlock hammer, one is complete with hole drilled, the other unfinished. Nothing else in that picture seems muzzleloader related. The second picture has a couple of firing pins and several barrel band springs for unmentionable military rifles; again nothing muzzle loader related. Just my .02, YMMV.
Thanks, I should have recognized them. They have been moved to my zip-lock bag with flintlock parts.

Isn’t that round thing on the right, in the first pic, an internal piece for a lock? You have to excuse the fact that I can’t call it by name.

The spring and rod in picture 2 looks like it is a mainspring from a T/C lock. Right below the spring is a firing pin and extractor from a modern rifle.
Thanks to you. I have two or three T/C guns and will pull the lock from one and check it out.

The object in the first photo with the vertical slot is the ram from a cap & ball revolver loading lever. In the second photo you have some barrel band springs (top one is broken) for military muskets and not necessarily for unmentionable guns.

Isn’t that round thing on the right, in the first pic, an internal piece for a lock? You have to excuse the fact that I can’t call it by name.
Could be I suppose. None of the pile of locks I got today, or any lock that I have seen before have a piece exactly like it. But I have not seen the inside/backside of as many locks as some on here I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back