• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upright pistol loader?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shot410

32 Cal.
Reaction score
As a newbie I'm acquiring accessories. Who makes or has plans for one of those pistol holders that hold the gun with the barrel up for reloading. I'd like to make or buy one. But, I don't want to reinvent one if I don't have to. Thanks.

Search the archives. There has been at least one or two such threads in the past 120 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or I could post a picture of the one I made here. :)

loadingblock.jpg

shot410,

i bought one that looks just like zonie's from dixie for under $20 (total), and was a little surprised when it turned out to be too small for a LeMat... be sure you can either "adjust" it to fit or return if that happens to you... also, i saw some larger sized ones that were hand made for sale on ebay several months ago.

actually, mine would work for most of the remingtons and colts with only the Walker being questionable.

it's a "must have" if you want to reload at a range without spillin and such.

good luck,
~dg~ :thumbsup:

A year or two ago, there were two or three sites that had detailed plans and materials lists, even instructions for building some sturdier black powder pistol loading stands. They seem to have all disappeared.

zimm,

you're correct, and i still have an entire article that was available from the Muzzle Blasts magazine dated january 2010.

unfortunately, i stored it in a PDF and have not figured out how to simply 'cut and paste' from that format.

it's five pages long which would make for a rather large 'reply' even if i left out all the pictures..

shot410, if you really want to make your own, visit the NMLRA home page and see if you can get that back issue - january 2010 "Building a Muzzleloading Pistol Stand" by mark bond.

they detail every piece of wood, furniture, stain, measurements, and even the tools required - estimated cost for everything...$21.50 (without labor).. looks easy enough, if you have the time.

good luck,

:thumbsup: ~dg~

Back