• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USA Made Production Trade Gun . . .if only . . .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we are going to see more and more US manufactured BP arms as the Euro grows stronger vs the dollar. The Italian arms seem to go higher with each catalog I get. I'm keeping an eye on the post about the Deer Creek rifles in the flintlock section. :hmm: Maybe they could add a trade gun to their line?

There is an Early English trade gun parts group for sale on[url] gunbroker.com[/url] with a buy-it-now price of $525. It is in 20 gauge and is made by Northstar West. Generally, you can shave a few bucks off the buy-it-now price. This could be a
good deal for someone wanting a nice light, versatile gun for reasonable money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shotgunner,

All boils down to bottom line with the bean counters if labor, overhead and material costs are high the end cost is passed along. You must also remember units manufactured means lower cost. I would assume the market for smooth bores is quite low.

Last year I purchased a semi-custom Kentucky rifle from Log Cabin Sport shop in Lodi, Ohio price of $1150.00 basically you or LC picks the parts and they have a gunsmith of theirs put it together. I just ran a cost off through TOW for a similar rifle with all the same parts, which included installing breech plug, barrel lugs and sights. Also the stain and barrel brown. Cost of $667.59. So with that said I paid $483.00 to put it together If it took 35 hours to put it together it translates to $13.80 a hour which doesn

I have belly-ached about the same topic several times. The song gets worse. Remington is now contracting with the Bakil arms makers in Russia to make center fire shotguns. I guess the powers that now run our economy have forgotten about the Russian AK-47 the "[censor]" used to kill our troops in Vietnam or the Migs that sliced our troops in half in Korea. The thawing of the cold war has frozen our 21st century minds.

Then, again , from another perspective, the guns we lust over and shoot for relaxation, took care of what smallpox could not kill.

Humans, the only animal that seeks revenge.

I guess the powers that now run our economy have forgotten about the Russian AK-47 the "[censor]" used to kill our troops in Vietnam or the Migs that sliced our troops in half in Korea.
Hmmmmm.......you forgot to mention all the electronics, cars, steel from the Japanese....fine firearms, precision equipment, etc from the Germans...all the reproduction arms from the Italians....not to mention all the stuff we get from our bestest pals in the whole world the British...just to add a few more former adversaries from the USA's past to the list. Times change.
I mean, even our once bitter enemy Canada gave us William Shatner! ::
And perhaps I am confused, but weren't a lot of the AK's used in the Vietnam conflict of Chinese manufacture?
WJ

I guess the powers that now run our economy have forgotten about the Russian AK-47 the "[censored]-zipper heads" used to kill our troops in Vietnam or the Migs that sliced our troops in half in Korea.
Hmmmmm.......you forgot to mention all the electronics, cars, steel from the Japanese....fine firearms, precision equipment, etc from the Germans...all the reproduction arms from the Italians....not to mention all the stuff we get from our bestest pals in the whole world the British...just to add a few more former adversaries from the USA's past to the list. Times change.
I mean, even our once bitter enemy Canada gave us William Shatner! ::
And perhaps I am confused, but weren't a lot of the AK's used in the Vietnam conflict of Chinese manufacture?
WJ

Can we give Shatner back??? ::

Can we give Shatner back??? ::
Sure! But first, let's send back that screeching Celine Dion chick!!
BTW- I believe the aforementioned Mig-15's in Korea were of Chinese manufacture....flown by Chinese pilots. :winking:
WJ

I may be in trouble now on this Forum realizing that I have a Japanese matchlock made in Japan :shocking:, a minie-rifle made in Russia :shocking:(m.1858), several nice German-made rifles like a Jaeger :shocking: and sofort. Maybe an English-made Enfield 1860 is PC (political correct)? :hmm:
BTW, last time I visited Vietnam I found a lot of "antiques" that I classed as fakes. Then I found a really nice japanes matchlock rifle in an antique-store that I was sure of having to be an original. To my surprise I was told also for the first (and last) time it was a replika! :eek:
ARILAR :: :thumbsup:

Gentleman and Ladies, I feel this thread is about to run amuck even more so than I allowed it to, so in the interest of good will, I am going to be locking it...

Musketman: Smoothbore Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back