• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Utah St. Patrick's Day Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herb

54 Cal.
Reaction score
David and Terry Haney held their annual St. Patricks Day Shoot March 26 near Whiterocks, Utah, finally free of snow. About 25 attended with 12 shooters. There were 12 targets at about 30 yards including a running leprechaun (sliding down a wire), 3 gongs, a ricochet shot off an inside curved steel tank iinto a pot of gold, a shot through a one-inch square hole in a steel plate at about 10 yards, a four-inch water-filled balloon on a plastic glass filled with water, then the glass, the three lobes of a shamrock and ducklings about one inch in size on a log. There was a tie for first place and four of us for second. We shot for closest to center of a shamrock, and I won. Here are the shooters and some guests.
StPat2011.jpg

Carney Pace on left won first place in the shoot-off against Tyler, in the red bandanna. This was the first time Tyler had ever shot a muzzleloader!
HaneyShoot.jpg

Harry Harpoon, center, and his sister, Terry, our hostess.
HarryTerry.jpg

Some of the rifles. There were 11 flintlocks, three of them left-handed, and two caplocks. The four at left I made, a .50, a .58 Hawken, another .50 still a-building, all mine. The fourth is Carole's .40. Next Lynn's .40 left-hander, Harry's .62 Lyman transitional rifle (I'll pay more attention next time I ask him what that is), Brent's .62 smoothbore, and another flinter.
StPatRifles.jpg

We had a good dinner of corned beef and cabbage, Irish whisky, etc. I gave for a blanket prize a copy of R.L. Wilson's "The Peacemakers" and won two packages of elk steaks, elk burger, some leather and homemade horseradish sauce. A really fine event.

Latest posts

Back