• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Utah Sweetheart Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herb

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is a Utah Sweetheart Shoot in the Uintah Mountains, sponsored by the spouses. They shot 4" and 8" red paper hearts, swinging candy kisses, swinging cardboard discs, split a ball off an axe blade to break two clay pigeons, shot tethered red balloons, and for a finale, shot released red balloons. Nobody lives within rifle shot of this cabin, so no problem with aerial shooting. It was a blanket shoot, prizes supplied by the men, and everybody won. Some had never shot before and were assisted by other women or the spouse. Most shot custom handmade rifles and most of the outfits are authentic handmade. Good food afterwards, cooked by the men. A beautiful day and a great time was had by all.
Sweethrt.jpg

what a great bunch of gals does my hart good to see a pic like that should be more of it.
bernie :hatsoff:

:applause: :bow: :hatsoff: well done, sounds like all had fun :v .............bob

THAT'S GREAT! you men folk better take care of them ladies! i don't ever remember seein that many womenfolf shootin at one time! JOB WELL DONE! :thumbsup: :hatsoff: RC

You had a nice clear day in the basin. That sounds like a lot of fun for your gals.

Hey Herb... just wonderin'... considering your in Utah and all... are they all YOUR wives???? :winking:

Why some men marry is a mystery... why they would marry more than one wife is a Biga-mystery! :haha: :shake:

All seriousness aside... nice photo! :thumbsup:

Its usually clear up Dry Fork Canyon and in the mountains, but we have inversions in Vernal.

Maestro: No, only one of them is mine. I just couldn't afford to give away all those custom handmade rifles to extra wives. My wife is not a shooter, so the gals coaxed her into this. Though she is right handed, she shot a left handed flintlock and did well. She did not finish last as I sometimes do, even against these gals. Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Latest posts

Back