• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Virginia Ordered

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiochuck

Lifetime Supporter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
After much help from this forum, I placed an order with TVM, Inc. for a Virginia flint rifle .36 cal Rice 42 inch swamped barrel today. Now the wait.
Thanks for the help!

You should love it...and yeah, a long wait...about like finding out that your Wife is pregnant and you have 8 more months to go
:grin:

The wait is agony but when it is delivered you will forget all about how tough the wait was. Fine choice.

Hopefully not 8 months. I found a .36 cal. Rice swamped barrel 42 inches "A" profile from another supplier. If that is true, I should receive it by Wed. and will ship to TVM, Inc. But delivery of the rifle might be longer, depending how may other orders are ahead of me. Iron furniture, well figured Maple stock, and my custom stock deminsions. I am still deciding about a peep sight??
Decisions, decisions???
Thanks!!!

ohiochuck said:
"...depending how may other orders are ahead of me..."
As of a couple weeks ago, from the time you put down your $100 deposit to get a position added into the schedule, their quoted wait time is 7-9 months.

o-chuck
Better plan on a wait. I sent my deposit on Jan.22 and Richard just let me know today that they are backed up with carving and engraving ect. so might not get to start on my rifle in July at all. Hopefully I might have it sometime in August.
Macon

Ohiochuck,
Congrats on your choice. I made the same, only in .40 caliber 'cause it's legal for deer in Florida. 7-9 months time from TVM is accurate and well worth the wait. My Early Virginia will be here in about 2 months. When you consider this is something you are likely to pass on to a family member it is a sweet bargain.

"When you sleep in your cloak there's no lodging to pay." George Whyte-Melville

sounds like its going to be real nice, those guys know what they are doing down there. Its nice to have something to look forward too.

Ha pal, got a call from Matt this morning at TVM
and he said my stock wood for my E. Va was just
pulled. I placed the order on Jan 25 of this year and I'm fired up to see the finished work. I have a 36" Mark DaHass barrel w/plus P wood, delux siler and all brass finish. Hang in there and
the 6-7 months pass fairly quickly. When finished
all will get photos.

lead 487
Wow!........I placed my order on Jan.22 and not a word from Matt! Richard did say in a reply to an e-mail that they may not even start mine this month at all...........[noper..no carving, engraving or anything extra]
Macon

Well Macon, Matt did say that he pulled up four stocks today and was going to contact them. Maybe you are in that pull. Does see odd that I ordered
after you...but don't frett, its coming. By the fact that with my fairly plain rifle (two inlays) and no patch box or carving, three weeks I should be done according to him

My first two guns from TVM took about a year each. They are fast by comparison nowadays. I think Matt's typical delivery time is around 7-8 months. Anything quicker is just good luck.

lead 487
Sounds a lot like mine,except I am having a wood patch box and it's an Early Lancaster with a Rice swamped B weight barrel in .45cal. Richard sure said in his reply to me though that they might not even get started on it this month at all :(
Oh well.......not much I can do about it. Bout too hot to shoot anyhow.Calling for 98-102 as far out as they can see with of course our Missouri 75-90% humidity.God.....what wretched country!
Macon

I got word last Thurday that my Early Lancaster was being finished! Really looking forward to receiving my rifle!

Shouldn't be much longer, I ordered my Virginia about 10 days before you. Got the call 2 weeks ago, should be finished this week or the next. 7 months on the nose, just as quoted.

Macon Due said:
lead 487
Wow!........I placed my order on Jan.22 and not a word from Matt! Richard did say in a reply to an e-mail that they may not even start mine this month at all...........[noper..no carving, engraving or anything extra]
Macon
The time has lot to do with the barrel supply also..My Rice .58 I wanted put back my time a little but the wait was worth it, superb shooting barrel..Ray

Fishog
Kinda what I was thinking too.......I know Rice was behind on barrels and told me they would be making .45's in July. I reckon thats it. Sure tough to wait though......
Macon

Man thats great to hear. Toni kinda guided me that way, saying that Mark and family had been
building barrels since 1969...she said his work
is 5 star. Can't wait to run some 487's down
the well

Back