• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Volley Firing, the Boy Scout way!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday we (Charlie B., @dave951 and I) finished another fantastic summer teaching the basics of Muzzleloading shooting to the Scouts at Camp Raven Knob. Each of the six weeks has a new group of Scouts from near and far who spend a week in the Mountain Man Program. On each Tuesday, for eight busy and enjoyable hours, they get the full immersion of Muzzleloading training by our volunteer team in the correct loading and shooting methods of both patched Round Ball and Minnie Ball. The end of each day we have a few fun Volley Fires and Firing by Files, using both Muskets and rifles (for the smaller kids).
I have not seen many finer shots than I have from among some of these new shooters.
It's a wonderful experience and these kids go home with memories to last a lifetime.
Here's their parting volley and a fine farewell Feu de joie;

Attachments

• IMG_2661.MOV
    18.7 MB
Last edited:
Back