• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wabbits for cookin'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Four shots for two, quite pleased :hatsoff:

fridayhunt012.jpg

Could I of filled a sack with a 22? Yep.
Could I of been home earlier with a contempary shotgun? Yep

Would I of had as much fun? No!

Brits :thumbsup:

Excellent! We use them a lot in pot pies, but the crusts never look that good.

If you need an "excuse" to shoot lots more, locate a smokehouse that also produces sausages and salamis. We have one nearby that makes a "pepper stick" and summer sausage among other products. They turn out incredibly well using rabbit. They need 25 pounds of boneless meat to make a 30 pound batch. That means my hunting pards and I are REQUIRED to accumulate a minimum of 50 pounds of snowshoe hare each year.

It's hard work, but when the wives put something on a chore list, good husbands follow through. :rotf:

BrownBear said:
Excellent! We use them a lot in pot pies, but the crusts never look that good.

If you need an "excuse" to shoot lots more, locate a smokehouse that also produces sausages and salamis. We have one nearby that makes a "pepper stick" and summer sausage among other products. They turn out incredibly well using rabbit. They need 25 pounds of boneless meat to make a 30 pound batch. That means my hunting pards and I are REQUIRED to accumulate a minimum of 50 pounds of snowshoe hare each year.

It's hard work, but when the wives put something on a chore list, good husbands follow through. :rotf:

:thumbsup:

B.

That's terrific country. I've hunted so many years up here in the winter, I've almost forgotten the joys if real greenery!

Great jobs, not only on the hunts and cooking, but also the photography.

BrownBear said:
That's terrific country. I've hunted so many years up here in the winter, I've almost forgotten the joys if real greenery!

Great jobs, not only on the hunts and cooking, but also the photography.

:hatsoff:
Did you notice the homemade fixed rear sight I made to get over it shooting high?

B :thumbsup:

Britsmoothy said:
Capper said:
You picked the right gun. :thumbsup:

So, how was the rabbit?

Excuse me......wabbit.

Delicious, best pie I ever made :thumbsup:
fridayhunt.jpg

B.

You would post a picture like that -- in front of man who is dieting and had just a lettuce salad for lunch -- you Brits are a cruel lot.......... :grin:

Super pics and post - as usual!

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back