• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walmart caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edm

-.-. —- .-.. - ..-. .- -.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The local Walmart in Lexington Kentucky has percussion caps. Earlier than I expected, but I’ve been checking and they are now in stock at $5.66 per tin
IMG_3676.jpeg

Will Walmart do special orders for non-stock items?
I showed a Walmart employee the UPC code for caps. He couldn’t even order them to his store. They can only order product inventoried in their distribution center. SE dist. ctrs do not stock percussion caps. Show this pic to your local Walmart, see if they can order them.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Checked the local Walmart after work this morning and they had their "once-a-year" box of 1000 caps (10 tins of 100). It was behind glass with the ammo with no price tag. I asked the kid for four packs (left 6 behind), and they rang up for the same $5.62 a tin; the same as the last several years. The kid said they had 209 primers down the aisle and that those were what most people were looking for. Odd the caps were locked up but not the 209's. With other retailers (Bass Pro, Dunhams, etc) selling the same caps for $13 a tin, I wonder how much longer walmarts price will stay at under $6 ?

I hate walmart as much as the next guy, but this is the game to play if you want to score some caps. Happy hunting and good luck !

I checked our Walmart yesterday and the guy said they didn't have any yet. Said they got some propellent but had no word on caps yet. Guess I'll have to check every day to try and beat the scalpers.
This is how to play if you need them. Should be close now if they got powder. None of the muzzleloader stuff was priced yet so they must have just got it in at my store. I just got lucky and got them on the first trip.

Seems up here, Wally's starts stocking the ML items after hunting licenses go on sale, which was the 24th. I'll check this morning when I go and get my license. And every day after.

Seems up here, Wally's starts stocking the ML items after hunting licenses go on sale, which was the 24th. I'll check this morning when I go and get my license. And every day after.
I found them in August last year at Walmart. I had checked the week before, nothing. Next week they had them. Let us know when you see them. It’s kind of a haul for me to get there.

I was at my chinamart at 6:30 am. Talked to Sporting goods manager. They had powder n pellets in stock inside locked case. Said modular shipment expected in July 12th are & will stock shelf starting that day. I will have my happy butt there to purchase what i need and as much of it as i can afford. The others can get there too to share on buying. I hope not to have missed the chance before they get so high priced my nose bleeds looking at them !

Latest posts

Back