• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Want to buy Civil War reproduction rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thank you for the direction. I passed on the Parker Hale p58 only because it seems a bit overpriced. What I am thinking I’m going to do is buy a Zouave rifle for a couple hundred bucks to have an easy way to get my feet wet while continuing to look for an original. It seems to me that I will be able to practice loading and shooting just as well with a Zouave as anything else. Then I’ll have some money left over to jump on a more quality rifle in the future.
If the bore was good, that price is a bit on the high side but not out of line. Even so, a "Zouave" is not suitable for reenacting, but can be a great shooter. Follow the basics on shooting minies and you'll find out why we in the N-SSA use them as a very competent starter musket.

I’m looking to buy a reproduction rifle to get my feet wet in civil war weapons and possibly reenactment. I’m interested in a sharps, Springfields and Enfields. It seems like they are sold out everywhere so I don’t know where to get one.
For reenactment, you have to talk to your unit first. Some will allow basically anything that looks "close enough" (including smooth-bore Indian guns with pipe for a barrel, in units that fielded antebellum muskets) but most will have a specific list of approved weapons for authenticity purposes.

I’m looking to buy a reproduction rifle to get my feet wet in civil war weapons and possibly reenactment. I’m interested in a sharps, Springfields and Enfields. It seems like they are sold out everywhere so I don’t know where to get one.
1st 3 pic's 1847 Armi sport Springfield 69cal smooth bore price plus shipping$1500. next 2 pic's 1841 54cal Mississippi rifle price $500 plus shipping. next 3 pic's navy arms 1863 Remington Zouave 58cal $300 plus shipping buy all 3 will cut a deal $200 off. $2100.oo all 3

Attachments

• armi 1847.jpg
    armi 1847.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 0
  • armi 1847a.jpg
    armi 1847a.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 0
  • armi 1847b.jpg
    armi 1847b.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • re13.jpg
    re13.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 0
  • re12.jpg
    re12.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
  • zoave 1863 remington 54cal.jpg
    zoave 1863 remington 54cal.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 0
  • zouave 1863 rem.jpg
    zouave 1863 rem.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 0
  • zouave 1863 remington.jpg
    zouave 1863 remington.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 0
@OP - somehow you lucked in on a Parker-Hale 2 bander rifle without really trying. This is the unicorn rifle for many shooters over here who participate in medium-range target shooting out to 600 yards with one, as mentioned late week by David Minshall, a well-known and highly-regarded luminary in the British MLAGB.

Find another?

Unlikely in the short term, TBH.

1st 3 pic's 1847 Armi sport Springfield 69cal smooth bore price plus shipping$1500. next 2 pic's 1841 54cal Mississippi rifle price $500 plus shipping. next 3 pic's navy arms 1863 Remington Zouave 58cal $300 plus shipping buy all 3 will cut a deal $200 off. $2100.oo all 3
what is going on with these rifles you have been trying to hawk them for like 5+ months with weird pics and no bites what gives

Hawk? weird pics? what's going on. what do you mean by that??? need money for medical reasons. If you will do some checking. You see I sold towers flint lock pistol, and pietta 1863 Remington pocket revolver. both buyers very happy with price and item. when I see someone looking to buy item on here and I have it. I send them an offer.is there a problem with this???

Hawk? weird pics? what's going on. what do you mean by that??? need money for medical reasons. If you will do some checking. You see I sold towers flint lock pistol, and pietta 1863 Remington pocket revolver. both buyers very happy with price and item. when I see someone looking to buy item on here and I have it. I send them an offer.is there a problem with this???
I think you will have better luck if you upload photos of your rifles with a picture of your username and timestamp written on a piece of paper it makes them look less suspect

Working on restoration of these fine samples. Enjoy the copyrighted photos. Lucky Ducky.
Will anyone venture a guess on the value of these three vintage, original pieces in totality? Thanks.

Attachments

• Enfield'sAndAmesSwordPHOTOS.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Mr. Joseph W. Dutton, have you found your rifle yet? Please write me at kabauman86(at)hotmail(dot)com .

Attachments

• Enfield'sAndAmesSwordPHOTOS.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Back