• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanted-loading stand for revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph

40 Cal.
Reaction score
looking for a good quality loading stand for an 1860 army with 7.5 in barrel.If you have one for sale, please send some pictures.Thanks,murf :hatsoff:

If you make one heed Cabela's advice and pin it with dowels. Wood screws will not hold in end grain.

I made my own from 2x's and it is ugly but functions just like Cabela's does. Took less than one hour.

IMHO, you should avoid a loading stand and practise loading while holding the revolver in hand. I have found I can load several times faster than someone loading on a stand. That holds for single-shot pistols as well as revolvers.

Highrocker, thanks for the advice.never thought loading by hand would be much faster.I've never owned a loading stand so i dont know,murf :hatsoff:

I made one modeled after the Cabela's one shown and it works great. I custom sized it to my New Army and it makes reloading a breeze and faster in my opinion.

Mine is also pinned with doweling and glued. I have the notch cut so that at half cocked it holds the piece straight up.

I made mine longer and a bit wider than the one shown for more stability.

Your possibilities are really open with this. I heard of a pair made out of two old wrought iron bootjacks w/ leather padding added that doubled as bookends when not at the range. Also, depending on tools available, you could dovetail your joint, instead of dowels. I'm just happy you brought up something I felt I could add to.

DC

Back