• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Was this a good deal "CABELAS"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullmoose

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just bought these LEFTY 2 Cabelas Hawkens, like new with 2 possible bags, bullet bags, horns, 100 rounds for each gun, starter, patches, powder measure, and other extra tools, 54 and 50 cal. Is this a good deal or what? all for $400

could be something wrong with -em-better send them to me and hunting-dawg so we can check em out for you :grin:

LOL, you got taken to the cleaners! Can you tell me where that cleaner is. I need to be taken too!

Depending on gun conditions and horns and possibles bags (type and mfr, custom or run of the mill) . . . IMHO you didn't get taken but the seller didn't get skinned either. Fair price, but very near the top end of value . . . A good condition (not as new) used Cabela's Hawken should be in the $125 to $150 neighborhood. As I said, just my opinion. If you are happy and the seller is happy, you both came out OK.

A brand new Cabela's go for $339.99. If they are in good condition, you got a great deal. Two complete setups for about the price of one. If you are left handed, it is even better :hmm: . Congrats on your deal :thumbsup: .

My first ML was a Cabela's Hawkens. When I need to grab for a back up gun to bring along this is the one I take. Always goes bang and I'm not worried about scratching it up on some of my more adventurous hunts. Nice find! :bow:

My first BP rifle was a Cabelas. Still have it, still use it.

Otter, a good deal is where both sides of the deal get screwed equally.

Many Klatch

I have a .54 Left hand Hawken from Cabelas, and it treats me nicely!!!! I have a T.C. Hawken, but use my Cabelas much more often. It fires consistantly, and has taken moose, caribou and bear here in Alaska.......

I'd say you got a real good deal. Around here they go for $200, used, in decent shape, without any stuff. :thumbsup:

Hey AKbrownbear,
There's a guy over on the hunting forum who wants to know if he should try and kill a griz with a .54 roundball from a flinter. Sounds like you could give him some good advice...
Welcome to the forum! :hatsoff:

I picked up a brand new Cabelas Hawken, the guy was askin 50 bucks for it, needless to say we were in a bar. He went home and got it, after one look I almost broke my arm getting my wallet out :rotf:
It wound up being the grandsons Christmas present :thumbsup:

OTTER

Here is what I got 2 Left handed guns came in today, came with 2 possibles bags, Awesome powderhorn, bullet bags, nipple cleaner, powder measure, 4 boxes of bullets, ball starter, cappers, speed loaders, worm, screws, jags, lubed patches, nipple tool, caps, and lubed patches, and still waiting for another box with more goodies. GUN have NEVER BEEN SHOT. Cabellas 54 and 50 percussion. all the tools look brandnew and never used, all for $400

With all that gear and in unfired condition I'd say ya stole it. :shocked2: I just wish I'd come across a deel like that just once :cursing: Ya' done good :bow: :bow:

RBM,

I wasn't chewing you out ! ! ! I said if you were happy and the seller was happy you did "OK". That's what you did . . .

Used Cabela's guns (and they are good guns, BTW) are in the $150 range, on the HIGH end, around where I have been the last couple of years. I saw 5 or 6 of them at the Tulsa gun show last week and they were priced at less than $200. Nearly everything at Tulsa is overpriced.

Back