• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wascalwey Wabbits!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Three of them jumped into my gamebag today!

My friend and I took his beagle for our first rabbit hunt of the year. He (the dog) did great and ran seven. The first three ran straight to known holes. Three of the next four ran well and three were taken.

I can not describe my buddie's excitement and enthusiasm regarding my smoothbore's roar and all the smoke that it belches. He is currently hunting with a modern shotgun, but, I think that may change! :haha:

Good hunting fellas! :thumbsup:

Skychief.

Sumpin must be in the air. I carried my 62 smoothie and jumped three snowshoe hares in an hour. But I didn't manage a shot at any of them due to obstructions!

Man I miss the good old days when we raised beagles!

Congrats. If you get your bud out one more time, I bet he's hooked. He's only teetering on the edge right now!

Yup, bout the same thing here. 4 of us huntin. 2 flintlocks and 2 modern guns. They out shot us of course, but we held our own killing 5 between us. I doubt they'll ever switch over but they were impressed none the less.

good stuff :thumbsup:

we (me and my dog) jumped three yesterday good stew!

the frontstuffer for buddy is a given,once you get a wiff of smoke and a belly full of stew...

Good day for rabbits! What do you have planned for the three that jumped in your bag? :thumbsup:

Trench said:
Good day for rabbits! What do you have planned for the three that jumped in your bag? :thumbsup:

Fine dining Trench!

The little lady will no doubt brown them in a skillet, then give them some time in the slow cooker till the meat falls from the bones. A few secret ingredients and "voila"....a meal fit for a king! :haha:

They are good!

Skychief.

Secret Ingredients ??? I can keep a Secret Really!!

Yummmmmm !!!!

Maybe I can sneek out this weekend and bust some Bunnies with my Smoothie!!

The family is hoping. to get out rabbit hunting this week-end. young unseasoned beagle to work in. We lost our best hunting partner just a few days ago. Damn good beagle run many of rabbit in front of our smoke-poles. It is going to be hard to hunt with out him. I have a photo on photo bucket. of him and my son hunting in VT. with a muzzle loader shotgun. but can not seen to post it. for some reason.

this week end there will be 3 with muzzle loader shotguns and one with a modern.

Back