• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wedge tents

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike warner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to buy a wedge, since it will be only myself. I was thinking about the large wedge from panther, 7x11x7 tall. Is that enough room for 1 and a cot and gear?

Good evening to ya many hats, in my opinion it should be a good size. But i'll tell ya, i bought my 7x9 wedge from rk lodges to do 1812 and fur trade, but now i wish i had bought one with a bell back in it just for more room. I can fit my rope bed, two cots, and my cooler in there. When i started to rondy, nobody else wanted to, now my cousin and one of my boys like to go. Just tellin ya that for maybe future refference.

I would think so but it depends on how much gear you want to have with you. Many get by with a smaller tent but it is nice to be able to stand up inside.

manyhats said:
I would like to buy a wedge, since it will be only myself. I was thinking about the large wedge from panther, 7x11x7 tall. Is that enough room for 1 and a cot and gear?
It is big enough for 1. I camped in a 7'deep x 8'wide x 6'4"tall wedge with a 6' fly easily. Had one of those "Chinese" Army cots (Walmart sells them) that fit crosswise in the back. Plenty of room to store my stuff & change clothes. Definitely too small for 2 people though.

I think it's enough. Here's the inside of my tent which is close to the dimensions you're looking for. It should give you an idea if it's enough room for you.

IMG_2886.jpg

I use a 9x9x7 A frame with a stove pipe hole in the rear. It sleeps 2 on cots comfortably. I also have added on a 9x10x7 wall tent as my living quarters and work area as company cook.

I have often thought that the setup shown - two tents with a common fly - was a great one for a small group. :thumbsup:

Back