• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well This Was Interesting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday I basically stayed in,nursing the beginnings of a Cold.Did go down to see if the road was washed out,seen fresh tracks.Well I have 3 acres there with a brushy,grassy draw,real good place for Deer to get out of the wind.

Cleaned my 54cal.Hawken,I had to shoot it I figured I better have a fresh Load in it,since the load I had in it had been in there I know over a week.It fired no problem.Cleaned it,put a fresh Load in.

This morning I decided to watch that draw.So I bundled up,real warm,put wood in the stove,let the Dogs out,6:30 plenty light won't need a Flashlight.

Walk down there set up next to a big Oak.Gets a little lighter,hear movement in the brush,Lord where is it,then I see a Doe, :RO:,get a bead on her POP,NO BANG!! :: Recap get a bead,KABOOM!!! She goes down,but gets back up she is running for me,I'm reloading,she runs back up the hill I can't get a shot.

Go down there plenty of blood,trailed her up through a gate,Lord let me find her,I decided she was hurt bad enough she couldn't get over the fence,so I walk on up,see her through the brush trying to get over the fence,shoot miss,reload,I circle around,see her go to another gate,try a running shot miss :( See her lay down by the house :hmm: Ok how am I going to finish her off without hitting any buildings,Dogs ,or Vehicles.Had to get a different angle,see her head sticking up finally got her Thank You Lord !!!! :applause:

Well I only have 20 acres taken 3 Deer off it so far this year.Doing pretty good,I figure it can only get better.

oneshot

Always glad to hear when someone connects. Congrats!
Do have one question though after reading of your hunt: Where did you get the name
"ONE SHOT" from?

TT :D

One shot, three shot, or ten shots, don't matter one bit! You got the deed done....and that makes it a good story!
I'm glad to see you didn't give up, just because it didn't just lay down and die for ya. You did good!

Russ

Good job threeshot, enjoyed your story.

Thats threeshot and one misfire, or 3 1/2 shot... :crackup:

The end result is that you didn't give up and the deer was lost... :thumbsup:

oneshot,
congratulations you did good :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
snake-eyes :) :peace: :thumbsup:

Back