• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

went to a walk thru shoot this weekend

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grey whiskers said:
It does seem like BP events are less competitive though. Maybe it's 'cause most of the shooters are a tad older. Maybe it's the element of history involved.Dunno. All I know is now I look forward to rondezvous more than other shooting events. :grin: GW

I think it may just be the pace that loading one at a time imposes. The anal retentive types that are the hyper competitors can't stand to go that slow.

Thanks Rich,

Once I get a load tuned in for my gun, I will change the sights.

Any recomendations on what sights to use?

How thick/thin should the front sight be?

Any material preference, or range rules for sight materials?

As far as sights go I would use the thinest front blade you can see well, I have a rifle with a thick blade and on some targets it covers the entire target then some. Sure makes it tough to hit something you can't see. Also most primative shoots prohibit any kind of peep or apature sights, open rear and blade only. I once had a front sight with an ivory blade they nearly didn't allow. Good luck and have fun.

Hawkeye

melsnad like i said clairtons web site is very informative.as a suggestion for a load it seems like 50g of 3f is usually a good starting point for most 50cal. guns. try to stay as light as possible with the powder . no point in beating yourself up....pgh....

Latest posts

Back