• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What cal for elk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but your 4570 im betting produces more energy at 1000 yards than your .45cal ball does at 75 yards. :haha:

Bill, I have shouldered, measured and drawn this rifle and agree with the present owner that it is the nicest handling hunting rifle we have held. It has a 31" Colerain swamped Jaeger .54 barrel and weighs about 7 3/4 pounds.
EngSRLock.jpg

The stock is walnut.
EngSRCheek.jpg

I have a .62 English Sporter in the pipeline with Steve Zihn, w/ 34" Ed Rayl straight taper barrel. I'm trying for about 9 lbs finished weight. I may indeed hunt elk w/ it, but I want something that will handle LARGE hogs, as these are my primary target.

My .66 Christian Springs is sighted for 75 yards w/ a .658" PRB, and 150 gr. (~5 drams) of Goex 2F. I suspect it will whomp 'em too. 8)

I can do that. It will be from the stick, I hope to get some good local black walnut for the stock and will have Neill advise me where I need it.

Ah, Bill, you are too kind. I lived in Portland from August 1982 to 1989.

Back