• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What caliber do you use hunting on traditional snow shoes ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the amount of deer fat found is any indicator of the upcoming winter, we will have a decent one. Last year is the year I refer to as the Year without a Winter. We got some snow fizzles around Christmas while muzzleloader hunting and then some snow late in February. A friend told me that he knows an old timer who can predict the winter by deer fat. Last year the old timer said that we'll have a poor winter with maybe one good storm late in the season. He was right.

This year, I am not sure. We got some snow but not all that much. I hope we get some decent snow this season. I'd like to see some snow that is good enough to hunt with shoes in, but I won't hold my breath.

Back