• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What can we use after lead

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could always switch to Thallium. It has about the same specific gravity as lead and melts at about the same temperature. You wouldn't have to worry about people coming in contact with it getting cancer.

I thought I was told by the environmental nuts that Bad old DDT was wiping out the Condors, Eagle and falcons. Now it seems that must have been wrong. For now it is lead! It is just a scam to put us out of business.
Old Charlie

Over here in Australia we're worried about shooting any bullets at all, let alone lead. WE MUST UNITE AND SAVE OUR RIGHTS!!!!

Shooting big game with lead is not the problem. The waterfoul hunting with lead is the problem. In Colorado you can only shoot steel shot I think. It is not the anti-gun and hunting people. It is the environmentalists. They are trying to save the environment. What do we do? Carry a few lead balls in your pocket incase of a reload but in your possibles bag have some copper balls to show the game warden! :grin: Just Kidding. I know some of those sabots are not lead. Someone will find an alternative. We just have to stick together.

.The club I used to belong to coughed up a half million dollars for dredge operations because a couple swans turned up dead(Foul play-No pun intended)from the skeet range fallout.20 pounds of lead found in one bird :hmm: ...Mark[/quote]
I assume you are talkins about OCSC & yep it was paid BUT proven it wasn't shot fron the club . Someone that lives on lake was feeding the swans bread loaded with shot...Shel

Back