• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What does this tell you?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it actually measure? The container says .330 and the ad says .310. Big difference there. I cast my own with a LEE DC mold.
Photograph is of container of 00 buck. Guess you just looked at the picture while not actually reading the ad, and didn’t notice that the item numbers and sizes are also listed in a chart below the picture (you would have to scroll down).
1608427408835.jpeg

This might be common knowledge , but worth repeating.......Using dead soft lead , small calibers ,.25 , .32 , .36 , .40 , don't need thick patching. The powder charges are low , pressures are low , so all this allows a lot of leeway in how to load , and still get good accuracy. Unless the barrel has some roughness , muzzle abnormality , bad crowning , etc., .005 , .007, .010 , .012 , at least one of these patch thickness will work. Hope this helps someone................oldwood

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as your satisfied with your marksmanship, I wouldn't be overly concerned.,I've found use prelubed patches as being beneficial.

The patches look ok to me, I don’t see any burn thru or tearing . Fraying, as Zonie mentioned was normal on my .32 cal.

.32 cal. patches are small., if too large they hang up on your jag.
Having said that, shooting ffg in a small bore contributes to fouling making loading harder. Have you tried fffg in your gun?
Maybe smooth the jag / short starter or lessen its diameter if cutting seems to be an issue.

I would think the barrel on a TC Cherokee would be well broken in by now, all sharp edges should be long gone..

What type lube are you using? Wet or Dry?
As mentioned above, How old is the patching material?

I haven’t owned a .32 in a few years now and don’t remember my load. But it was using fffg Swiss , which seemed to burn a little hotter & cleaner than fffg Goex making reloading easier in the field.

The patches look ok to me, I don’t see any burn thru or tearing . Fraying, as Zonie mentioned was normal on my .32 cal.

.32 cal. patches are small., if too large they hang up on your jag.
Having said that, shooting ffg in a small bore contributes to fouling making loading harder. Have you tried fffg in your gun?
Maybe smooth the jag / short starter or lessen its diameter if cutting seems to be an issue.

I would think the barrel on a TC Cherokee would be well broken in by now, all sharp edges should be long gone..

What type lube are you using? Wet or Dry?
As mentioned above, How old is the patching material?

I haven’t owned a .32 in a few years now and don’t remember my load. But it was using fffg Swiss , which seemed to burn a little hotter & cleaner than fffg Goex making reloading easier in the field.
I’m using precut patches and lightly lubing one side with mink oil. I have 2f and 3f Goex. I’m still experimenting with different things. I appreciate all the responses.

Back