• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is a fair price range for a Harpers Ferry Model 1803?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vol423

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy one still in flint, with a nice shootable bore. The former owner hunted with it. It is probably good to very good antique condition. Fair price? The family doesn't know its value. I have found three for sale ranging from $3500 to $5500.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    8.5 MB
Around $3 to 4000 is what an original flint with good rifling goes for in auction houses. People advertise higher, but do a search and look for closed auctions at online auctiones like LiveAuctioneers, Invaluable, Morphys, or Rock Island Auctions. The closed auctions will give ypu a good idea of what the actual market value is. Also, early versions tend to sell for more than later ones like this one.

Mike

I have a chance to buy one still in flint, with a nice shootable bore. The former owner hunted with it. It is probably good to very good antique condition. Fair price? The family doesn't know its value. I have found three for sale ranging from $3500 to $5500.
That looks to be in really nice condition!

Back