• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is this? Any Idea???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming it had lain in the desert for many, many years, it may well have washed from its original drop point. The other parts could be scattered far and wide if that's the case.

"The Commanche's got my horse with an arrow in the withers and another in the neck. With a tear in my eye, I had to put her down with a shot from my belt-gun. In death, she would serve as my last bastion of defense. I quickly reloaded the pistol and lay prone behind her bulk, resting my rifle across her still warm carcass. I took a fine bead on the cactus bush where I last glimpsed the nearest warrior. He rose suddenly and I centered the front sight on his chest and set the trigger. I squeezed off the shot just as my Pap had taught me..."

" I took a fine bead on the cactus bush where I last glimpsed the nearest warrior. He rose suddenly and I centered the front sight on his chest and set the trigger. I squeezed off the shot just as my Pap had taught me..." "

Don't leave us hangin' did he kill the cactus bush or not?

Semisane said:
If I were a talented author I could sit around and stare at that thing for a day or two with a good Scotch in hand, and then write a great novel that ended with that stock laying in the High Desert sun.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The book could end with a simple one-paragraph afterword...

"Two centuries later, a man was walking through the desert when he saw something lying on the ground..."

If yall want a good read in this same vein, check out the "Trail of the spanish bit" series. It's about 14 volumes long and is a GREAT story beginning with the first meeting between the spanish conquistidors and indians and continueing for a couple hundred years IIRC. It's the same concept that your suggesting but follows a bit ratrher that a gunstock. You will NOT be dissappointed.

"... and the cap just snapped. I knew I should have dried my powder after that thunderstorm the other night. I thought to myself, 'this could get interesting right quick!'"

kragluver said:
"... and the cap just snapped. I knew I should have dried my powder after that thunderstorm the other night. I thought to myself, 'this could get interesting right quick!'"

As I slipped my hawk from my sash, I spied another of the red devils crossing through the cactus to my left, and began to think they might not have seen me. Could it be they were creeping on something else?

Latest posts

Back