• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is you hunting plans?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
For Idaho, I have put in for a couple of deer hunts. The first one is a trophy Buck tag. The second is a doe tag to hunt with my son with ML's. I put in for a ML Antelope hunt that I have wanted for the last 8 years, but can't seem to draw. My elk hunt is a late season Bull tag with a Dec cow tag as a back up tag. I would like to hunt all with my ML but the antelope is the only one that is ML only. My son wants to get his deer this year with his ML. Ron

I got drawed for a doe tag and a cow elk tag for muzzle loader season.Now I just gotta get accurate with the smoothbore.

3 mule deer doe tags and a cow elk tag for colorado muzzy season. Hope to get a buck and bull elk tag in the left over draw.

We don't draw tags for regular seasons here in NC...my annual NC Sportsman license includes the following tags:
2 Bucks
4 Does
2 Turkey
2 Boar
1 Bear

Plus there are a couple of pending bills about does:

1) make extra doe tags available couple dollars each
or
2) Remove doe bag limits completely

I got mine about a month ago. Private land here in Ct., I get 2 tags for ML . 1 must be doe, 2nd is for buck or doe.

I have a general season bear tag that I intend to try and fill with my flintlock in late August/early September.
Put in for a mule deer draw but won't know the results of that for a few more weeks.
After the big game it's upland and waterfowl.

I am gonna try of antelope in SD and then deer and turkey here in TX.

I'm putting in a draw for an elk and another for a mature bull moose. We have a general season for imature bull moose and another for calves. Deer season is wide open for bucks.
My main plan though: I know a young fellow who has native status and has never shot a game animal. I plan to aquaint him with a ML and see if he can get a Coastal Blacktail.

Not sure if we get to "Earn a Buck" again here this year or not in Archery season like they tried last season, 1 Either sex tag, 2 Antler less tags for Archery. Check in the two Antler less tags, get a another Either sex tag for a fourth Archery tag.

Muzzle loader season here is 1 Either sex tag, 2 Antler less tags. Probably with a split late season Antler less week again.

Shotgun season here is 1 Either sex tag, 2 Antler less tags.

Prudence Island, Disabled hunt can either be 1 Either sex tag or it can also include a second Antler less tag.

Thats what I'll be doing this fall.

I hopeing to kill my one deer this year and with a muzzleloader of course.It all depends weather i'll get a chance at an antlerless deer if I get drawn.Most likely I'll concentrate my efforts for a Buck.Then it's on to Pheasents,Grouse and Rabbits.

here in PA we get 1 buck tag with our lic....then we can buy up to 3 doe tags if still availible after a first come first serve basis....i useily get 3 doe tags each year :v .............bob

I am so down on the public lands here after some of the insanity that I saw last time out, I don't know what I will do. I want to go hunt, but unless I get access to private land, I will likely not get out much. :(

I put in for ML only;
Deer, Elk and Antelope. We dont get the results of our controlled hunt application until August 10th (I believe). I may go up to Northern Idaho for a Whitetail hunt if not drawn for Mule Deer, that is if I can verify a place to hunt. I have friends in the Orofino/Weippe area that let me Turkey hunt on their place but it might get a little small for deer. I'll probably draw Idaho Ron's Antelope tag again, Ive been pretty lucky drawing ML Antelope :grin: . I guess it's just a "Wait-n-See" until August, or at least the last week in July.
Idaho PRB

I wished I knew why one guy can draw almost every year and the next can't draw a tag in 8 years. I can't figure it out. Ron

When our deer season comes around I plan to hunt for antlers and if no luck i will wait to get meat during Primitive Season. Till then my summer will be filled with busting crows around the house. My buddy and I got to go south to help out one of his friends who has a tree rat problem. Gonna bring the whole arsenal for that to include the Deerhunter. I hope to squeak the groups on that piece down to M.O.S.H.(Minute Of Squirrel Head) at 50yds.

I put in for a mule deer ml hunt with my oldest daughter. She's 21 now and I've been hunting with her since she was 14 and she still hasn't got game. I would love to help her get a buck this year.

I put in for a ml bull elk hunt where I got the last bull in '03. My second choice elk hunt is a cow season where I got a big juicy one last year.

I put my middle daughter in for the same cow hunt by herself. She's almost certain to draw out for that one. I will be her guide of course.

We find out who drew for what in about two weeks I believe. I'm trying not to think about it. Good luck to everyone. Bill

roundball,
Wow! What does that license run you. Sounds like a great bargain to me. What do you think considering the fees in other states. I assume the state must have the game to support the license fees :hmm:
snake-eyes :)

Back