• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is you hunting plans?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased 70 acres with a log cabin nine months ago on the edge of the Daniel Boone Forest.
So Ill just hunt on my property. That way I dont need a hunting license.
Ill start with my long bow for bow season in September.
Then I plan on only using my flintlocks the rest of the time.
Will hunt bobcat,deer,elk,coyote,turkey,etc.
Do some trapping also.
winter2007023.jpg

Hi Tom,

again you have a nice peace of land. Be proud of it!

I will do roedeer hunting, and in autumn we will have a ml drive hunt in my hunting ground. At the end of october I will visit grey whiskers in CA for hog hunting.

Kirrmeister

You're one lucky hunter. I'm 50 years old myself and plan on looking for some hunting property in Vermont or New Hampshire. Right now I live in the oh-so-hunter-friendly state of Mass. You have just what most of us dream of. Just walk out your door and go. Good luck on all your hunts. :bow: :thumbsup:

My father inlaw, brother inlaw and I all got drawn for bull elk this year. This will be my first elk hunt with black powder so I am very excited. I'm carring a GPR .54 Percusion that I bought a year ago. Great rifle and a blast to shoot. We will be hunting unit 6a south east of Flagstaff. We also have put in for the deer season in unit 33 near Mount Lemon so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Florida(resident) Deer and hogs. Georgia-six day deer hunt. Iowa - late muzzleloader season.

Mule deer, unit 6 New Mexico. Whitetail Johnson County (home) and Pope county Illinois. So far 2 either sex and 1 antlerless for IL.

Just got drawn for white tail in unit 35B in Arizona for October 26 through the 31st. My luck is good this year. At least getting drawn that is. Deer and then Elk.

Mike

WHERE THE HECK ARE ALL THE BIRD HUNTERS?
For me it's Blue Grouse in the Rocky Mountains,Huns & sharptail on the open plains, Chucker on the ridge lines and Bobs in Nebraska. I might even throw in an ocasional Pheasant hunt here & there.

cap

My hunting will start with birds. Blues, Ruffes, Huns, and chukar. Shot over pointers. Ron

Plan on several day trip hunting squirrels (I hunt them for their tails :wink: ). Usually I hunt deer in a nearby state game land, but this year I plan a 3 day camping trip (primitive camping, alone) to a national forest deer hunting.

Back