• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what is your favorite style of rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to go with the Lancaster style for the flat butt (much more comfortable for me) and the beautiful lines.. The style also balances well. Looks and function. And, of course, flintlock.

Jeff

You mean actual original guns, or those made up by the precarve stock makers? They rarely resemble one another.

For me, Reading and Berks county guns. Deceiving in their simplicity. Can be harder to get "right" than Lehigh guns.

For the most part, Lancaster guns bore me to tears. Very few are different enough for me to find interesting.

This is mine. A 300 year old Jaeger rifle

Attachments

• 431DFE90-C0DB-4C88-9EE8-FA5D7215FB93.jpeg
    431DFE90-C0DB-4C88-9EE8-FA5D7215FB93.jpeg
    188.9 KB
Colonial/pre revolutionary war, Dutch fowlers, and Ohio/Vincent rifles would be my favorites. But truth be told.................I love 'em all. If it shoots black then I like 'em.

Lehigh Valley
Bucks County
Tennessee Mountain Rifle
In that order. I like the smooth transition of lines that to my eye make all of those styles elegantly graceful, petite, functional, with no wasted wood.
Robby

Back