• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what is your worst day of shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albert

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I went to my club shoot yesterday, and don't ever remember shooting as bad as I did, I think I should of picked up rocks to throw at the targets. The day started off cold and windy, and I never could get it together, I hope that it was just an off day, but it seems that I have more off days than I used to. I am curious if anybody else has these days.

I'd have to agree with, "Zonie"... However, there was that spring Rendezvous shoot about seven years ago... I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn that day,,,was tied for last place until I finally hit somethin'. At least I didn't finish last, one feller didn't hit anything... There were prizes for, 1st, 2nd, and last. That's right, last! I couldn't even finish last and win a prize! Go figure... :: :: :p

I had one of those kind of days a couple weeks ago. I have my own range in the yard and I shoot numerous times a week. I took one of my favorite rifles out in the yard with its favorite loads just to have a "good day." Well it is a good thing I was not hunting for food because I would have went hungry.

A rifle that always shoots excellent, and I could not shoot a good group with the rifle to save my self. I finally went in the house and got a different rifle, and that one shot perfect groups. Went back to my old stand by and it was the same thing, no groups.

So I took the rifle in the house and cleaned it over and over and used some JB Bore Bright in the barrel. The next day it shot perfect. So was it a bad day? Was it a good cleaning? Who knows. We all have them. It is just sometimes we can not understand why they happen and it bothers the devil out of us...

I've had that kind of a day...same proven rifle, all the same components, procedures, etc...only conclusion that makes sense is that we're totally preoccupied with something else and don't even realize it, not able to concentrate.
Right after the first of the year I went to the range, had a couple of dry-balls, had a couple of double balls, etc... thanks to the marking on the ramrod I always knew it immediately, but still...my mind must have been 1000 miles away...couple weekends later it was like it never happened

shootin' anything is all between your ears.....an' if sumpin' else is there you're prolly gonna have one o' dem days. I'm sure we've ALL had several!!!! (I know I have!)>

Vic

I must say that I have never had one of those days... :bull:

I had a few of those weeks, but never one day at a time... :haha: :winking:

albert... I can 'member a long time ago my mama tellin' me that I'd have days like that... but she didn't say that they'd all come right in a row!!! :shocking: ::

Back