• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What weight/thickness leather for pucker toe moccasins?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthFork

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Making simple pucker toe woodland moccasins. What weight and thickness leather should I be using in either deer skin or buffalo?

Also, who would be a good vendor to buy from?

Deer is probably better than the buffalo. Unless you can replace them every few days you'll have to settle on sewing on some type of a sole of heavier leather but for the moccasins itself, I'd use something akin to suede, which is remotely like brain tan, or buy brain tan- I think Crazy Crow sells it.

@Red Owl

How would I do about doing this? Making the moccasins without an extra sewn on sole seems easy. I have not seen any directions on how to go about sewing the sole on basic pucker toe mocs. Got a link to some directions or pictures? Thanks.

Back