• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What would happen without Black Powder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks SK, I never meant for a homebrew discussion to evolve. What I didn't ask, and I'm reluctant to bring up even now is, if everything else goes away, we would still probably have Smokeless. THEORETICALLY, is it possible to build a flinter that will fire smokeless?
Bear in mind I'm not condoneing this, nor am I willing to try it. I'm just wondering what a flinter's options would be in the absence of BP.

Skagan said:
Thanks SK, I never meant for a homebrew discussion to evolve. What I didn't ask, and I'm reluctant to bring up even now is, if everything else goes away, we would still probably have Smokeless. THEORETICALLY, is it possible to build a flinter that will fire smokeless?
Bear in mind I'm not condoneing this, nor am I willing to try it. I'm just wondering what a flinter's options would be in the absence of BP.

I don't think so. I'm not aware of any Smokeless powder that has a low enough ignition temperature to flash from a flint/steel ember.

Now, if one were to fill the pan with gasoline... :hmm: :shocked2: :youcrazy: :rotf:

Well, oldironsightes, I realized it was a silly option, but in try in the devil's advocate's hat, I had to bring it up. if you consider all that's involved, it's really only BP that gives one the truest experience of what it was really like, historically, to fire this arms.

"...I'll lock this thread faster than Sister Theresa's knickers click..."

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :grin:

I thought she wore bloomers.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

zonie :)

"A day without beer is like a day without sunshine." on a similar note. " A day without REAL black powder would be like a day without beer." LOL. :v

OK now that just not funny! No Beer or Black Powder! Wait a minuet, I can make both Beer and Black Powder my self. The Beer may not taste as well but 5% is 5% and with a little experimenting and practice the Powder would shoot as well too I'll bet.
Jeff

Why them rocklock shooters'd start grindin' up some of them Shockley's Gold sticks, that's whut! :rotf:

Where was it I saw this posted?

Wal-Mart
Where else can you get beer , a gun and prozak. :shocked2:

Although we won't talk about how its done, I expect that if Black powder was banned, that people would begin making their own. That is what the colonists did when their source of black powder from England was naturally cut off when we began our War Of Independence. Powder mills were created in the back woods of Pennsylvania, And rural dairy farmers were paid money to scrape the dried urine and its potassium nitrate off the walls of cisterns that contained the urine from the dairy herds. Both the quality and quantity of powder produced her in America improved through out the War. Americans are fairly resourceful. They didn't let prohibition stop them from having a drink. People have been making and drinking beer for something like 7000 years now. Now that it has been tried, failed, and repealed, Prohibition seems to be silly. I think the same about banning guns, and powder, etc. Americans are too used to being free to quietly put their chains back on to some damn politician.

Latest posts

Back