• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheel-lock pistol build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to work on the wheellock again this week. I had the lock plate inletted almost a month ago, but still had to inlet the internal parts. I added one part at a time and used plenty of inletting black. It's not smoothed out yet, but I got it all in, leaving as much wood as possible. Tomorrow I'll be ready to button it up.

lockinletted.jpg

lockinlet.jpg

:v To Bio Prof from ret.Chem Prof---man you do beautiful work----that inletting rivals the best of some of the masters. That is the finest example of hand & tool skills it has been my privilege to ever view----Outstanding !! :thumbsup: "Doc"

Bio,
I am green with envy. Just a half hour ago I was showing a friend who came from Kansas my pics and videos of my wheellock firing.
Sometimes I do miss all the smell and the firing mechanisms.
volatpluvia

Thanks for the kind comments Ezekial, but I am but a hack compared to the Brescian gunmakers of the 16th and 17th century. Photos have a way of making average work look excellent.

I still have a long way to go. If I'm lucky, I'll have it done by next fall.

Back