• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to Buy a GPR?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarletonRanger

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Currently I have not stepped up to the challenge of flints yet, but am looking at giving one a whirl soon. Since I hunt with my percussion rifles, the same will be expected from the flintlock. For this reason (as well as economic reasons), I believe I have settled on a .50 cal GRP "Hunter" model, the one with the fast twist.

However this past year, it seems like the prices of these rifles have taken a leap. If I could find one of these in a flintlock for under $400, I would be very happy.

If I could get any tips from you folks on where to look, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh yes, and as I said before, I have never messed around with any flintlocks before, so you can be sure I'll be posting many questions here in the future.

Jake :front:

You could start here. I have never ordered from them but have seen this posted several times as the best price. Midsouth shooters supply

web page
PD

I heartily concur :RO: MidSouth is your best bet for the best price on any Lyman products. :front:

ALRIGHT! Thanks folks, that's deffinately what I was lookin for!! Now that that part's over, I guess the real head ache begins.....well hopefully not! The biggest thing I'll be trying to work on is ignition time, and working on the "flinch".....if I have one.

Thanks again guys.

Jake

D&R got me the best price (dnrsports.net). $373.32 included shipping to my doorstep.

BobW

Back