• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to buy percussion caps (#11)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewnmoutain

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Apparently, all the stores within my area, from the local gander mountain to cabela's to the family run gun shop, either do not carry percussion caps anymore, or have such a limited quantity that whenever i show up to buy, they are out.

I did a web search to find percussion caps, but either they are out of stock, or the site seems fishy.

Has anyone had any luck with purchasing percussion caps and can they recommend a website?

the only place that will have them will be a small town mom&pop sporting goods. i talked with a person at cci last week and was told they don't even have them on a to-do list yet. and when they do make a order it will be like dropping one drop of rain into the ocean.

i just made some calls to local sporting goods stores in my area, one store has two tins of cci mag's price was $15.EACH the other has one tin of winchesters they were $9.00+tax. none of the others had any, i called 9 places that should have had them in bulk. Going to be a long cold winter for some.

i know. im hoping to find a location that i can buy the caps in bulk, so that i dont have to worry about finding the caps for a few years.... and none of the local stores are willing to special order for me. "wait for a shipment to come in"

I havnt bought since Banock Obama started handing out welfare phones but last time I did I went to my local sporting goods store, BiMart and had them order me a case (10 tins of 100 each). Easy peasy $4.79 a can - $47.90 a case, and Im set for a year or two

I bought a two dozen rolls of a thousand each for dirt cheap many years ago in a joint buy with Ft Chambers. I still have a thousand or so. Last fall, I bought a thousand Italian caps at a local store for $2 dollars. The brass italian caps aren't the best but work just fine on a few of my guns

just got 2k RWS from sportsmans warehouse, they were in stock and I got em in abt a week.this was maybe abt 2 weeks ago now. there was a hazmat fee, so I got another 2k 209s. the 11s I had to order 20 tins, they didnt even have a case option

just looked again, they're out of rws, and cci mag but they show cci reg 11s

11 caps

Was in the Scheels store in Sparks (Reno), NV this evening and they had No. 11 and No. 10 caps for $4.99 a tin.

Scheels website shows stores in Appleton and Eau Claire, Wis. Don't know if these locations carry caps or are close enough for you there in Wisconsin.

Latest posts

Back