• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to buy premium wood for stocks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I build underhammer rifles and pistols. I am disappointed with my current suppliers of wood for rifle stocks and pistol grips. I will appreciate your suggestion for PREMIUM QUALITY

I have been delighted with Pecatonica.

1728390116287.jpeg

I have bought wood from several different companies. I have to say of the stocks I have purchased from Pecatonica I feel like I have gotten better wood than I paid for. I ordered a Rigby Precarve in plain maple with the intention of staining it too look like English Walnut which I told them what I intended to do. Well the stock I got had nice curl all the way through it. I would have felt silly sending the stock back because the wood was too nice. Currently Have a stock from them for my next project that I picked out of their seconds bin at friendship that was marked a CM2. I can find nothing on that stock that I would consider a flaw and it has a wild combination of curl and quilted wood the entire length of the stock. I think it will make a beautiful rifle.

Back