• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find plans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Rose

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive got some off ebay, but hardly comprehensive. Does anyone have a good source of drawings?

Try Track of the Wolf or Dixie Gun Works. Both have plans and drawings in the book sections of their catalogs.

Jac S. Muell

Good links, Thanks guys.can anyone recommend me a good book, Ideally plans included, Dimensions and instructions even. You have to bear in mind Im totaly green at gunsmithing
Searched the web but seems theres a lot of irrelevant stuff out there. Rifles, pistols, anything flintlock is good for me. Give me a good bedtime read! (If I can get it in the UK...Tell you what, you guys are well ahead of the Brits in muzzle loading tech)

Muzzleloaders Builders Supply has some plans too I think:
http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com/index.html

Whoops. Just realized that this was already posted. To answer your other question, the paperback version of "Recreating the American Longrifle" by Buchele and Shumway have a set of plans for a flintlock longrifle and a pistol with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bioprof said:
the paperback version of "Recreating the American Longrifle" by Buchele and Shumway have a set of plans for a flintlock longrifle and a pistol with it.

The older editions had full size plans included, but I think the new editions are sold without the plans. Not 100% sure about that, but kinda, sorta sure.

God bless

Back