• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to sight in muzzleloader near Joliet IL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AYamini

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have had no luck finding somewhere that I can sight in my ML. Would anyone happen to know where I can go to do this near Joliet IL.

My sister and her husband used to live at Romeoville, but he always came down here to shoot. If I can get ahold of him, I'll ask him if he knows of anywhere. They've lived down here for over 15 years, now, but he's from Chicago(OakPark) and may know of somewhere.

Feel for you, I remember living in Chicago back in the 60's, the only legit range I knew of was near Elgin.

Was strange though, we found the best place to go shoot pistols was at Joliet, not far from the prison on the river.

The only public BP facility I've located in Northern Illinois is in Bensenville:
From the NRA NRA's Find-a-Range site:
Bensenville - Gun World, Inc, 421 Irving Park Road, Bensenville, IL 60106.
Phone: 630-595-0310
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (25 yd), Indoor Rifle (25 yd), Muzzleloading, Archery
Range Access: Public

I have not visited there, so the only thing I know is that they are self-listed on the NRA site, and their own description is as shown.

In my younger days i use to hunt & shoot along seldom
used or unused Railroad tracks. I'm not sure of this but
i think the RR rightaway is 60 feet to both sides of the center of the tracks. Don't seem like a lot of room but
in the area i shot and hunted the RR rightaway was usually
right up against farmland. Took many a rabbit and pheasant
hunting these areas In all the years i did this i was never
bothered by ODNR, railroad or law enforcement people.
That has been a few years ago but i think as long as
you shoot and hunt responsibly there should not be a problem
but :results:.
snake-eyes :hmm:

just east of minooka there is a ml club. pm me and i can give you a contact number for the guy. they also hold a few rondy's a year down there. it is on the south side of the du page river.
pieman

There is the Joliet Muzzleloaders that Pieman talked about near Minooka. The Illinois State Rifle Association has a large range at Bonfield, Illinois near Kankakee and The Fort Dearborn Frontiersmen shoot at the Aurora Sportsmen's Club in Sugar Grove.

These are all private ranges, but you should be able to get ahold of someone so you could go and sight in.

Joliet Muzzleloaders call:

Mike Priesbe - 815-729-0568

Fort Dearborn call:

Ken Drogemuller - 630-969-6849

If you would like to go to the ISRA range in Bonfield let me know as I am a life member there.

Harddog

Don't know my directions:
should have stated West of 41 and East of IL/IN border.

Back