• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

which furnace is best

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 10 lb capacity Lee with bottom pour spout that I bought back in the 70's that continues to work great. Also bought a 20 lb Lee Production IV about 6 years ago for casting large quantities of pistol bullets. Don't think you can beat them. I cast lots of maxi balls also and either pot works great. The adjustable pour rate on the IV is handy.

buttonbuck said:
I am considering my options on a lead furnace for casting roundballs in 32 cal, 54 cal and 60 cal and possibly 54 cal 380 grain REAL bullets . I see Lee sells a 20 lb and a 10 lb furnace. I looked on the midway site and a lot of people said they would have got the 20 lb but I do not see myself casting 500 bullets at a time. As a novice to casting any observations on both would be appreciated.

Lyman mag dipper. Best I ever had and I have had several.
I would buy 32s and 54s unless you shoot a LOT it makes more sense.
The REAL bullet is probably a waste of effort.
Dan

Latest posts

Back