• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

White Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a bunch of them mixed into the populations on the San Juan Islands in Washington. They range from blotched to mostly white and are awfully runty. Local bios say it's due to inbreeding in isolated populations. Kind of like inbred cats end up with a lot of bobtails and black.

Spikebuck said:
fur trapper said:
bad luck shooting a white deer !!! :nono: :rotf:

Bad Luck.....Especially for the deer! :shocked2:

Yep another subject that comes around every year. It's just a deer like any other, just different colored is all. Shot Piebalds and seen a fair share shot myself. Were quite common on our P.I special hunt. I sat and watched one amazed one time, except for a small patch of brown on its neck it was all white with what looked liked someone had put a saddle on it, which was brown. Did a double take, making sure it was an actual deer and not a pony. :haha: I let her walk but I'm sure some bow hunter got her when bow season opened two weeks later.... :idunno:

Back