• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

White Mountain Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek.white

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a T/C WMC from someone this past weekend for $100. :grin: Judging by the Serial # I believe it has a 1:38 twist (older version has 1:20) and it does have the updated machine screw that goes through the tang and into the trigger instead, of the wood screw.

Does anyone have a load worked up that I can start from.

Thanks
Trapper D

Try a .50 cal .370 Maxi-Ball with 70 grains of 3Fg Goex (if it's a .50 caliber). Shoots pretty nice for a friend of mine that has one :wink: :) .

Dave

Thanks
Someone told me that the WMC shoots the Maxi-Ball better but I have no experience with them. The only thing that I have used with the other ML's is patch and ball.

Thanks again
Trapper D

If you want to get the absolute "all" out of it, try putting a .50 cal. pre-lubed wonder-wad under the Maxi-Ball. It will lower the sdv and tighten-up your groups some.

Good luck with it!

Dave

Thanks for your help. I figured for the money it would be a nice little brush gun. If it accurate enough then I will use it for coyotes in the woods.
Thanks again
Trapper D

My WMC does really well with 70 grains of FFG Goex and a .495" RB with a TC Bore Butter Patch...this loads seems to work well and the previous owner reported several clean kills on whitetails....

rick

Back